1. Go to the admin page of your site – “the dashboard”
2. Select Plugins from your menu on the left hand side and select add new
3. Enter “verify google webmaster tools” into the search bar
4 Install the plugin and activate it
5. On the menu choose settings
6. Select Google Webmaster Tools
7. Make sure that you choose the option on Google for HTML Tag. Paste the HTML code from Google into the box on your website and click update.
8. Go back to Google and click the verify button.
That’s it. Job done.